Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the first moment

the music was beating and the air was thick with sweat and cigarettes

shes pulling me along the crowd to her friends.

all around me, people are staring.

is that a chino?

wtf is he doin here

are they together?

is he lost?

not a word was spoken, but their eyes showed it all.


she didnt notice, and when she did.. she didnt care

she turned to face me.

i never cared for brown eyes

but hers demanded my attention.. pulling me in, taking me away

only leaving rhyme and reason behind

at that moment, i was hers. that moment our eyes locked i was lost

she could have asked for anything, anything! but she only had one demand

salsa

"i cant"

"ill teach you"

"i cant"

"you will"

she already knew my real answer, she didn't need to ask

she never stopped smiling, she never doubted one second



she taught me and i danced. i stumbled and i blushed, but i couldn't stop, wouldn't stop.

body's meshed

turning and dipping

twisting and swaying

maybe it was the liquor talking, maybe it was because i hadn't slept in days

but i felt like everyone on the floor stopped moving to give us this moment

No comments:

Post a Comment